Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; BSF ASI martyred, three terrorists killed

Terrorists attack BSF camp in Srinagar; BSF ASI martyred, three terrorists killed

New Delhi has said Pakistan initiates cross-border firing to help anti-India rebels cross into Indian-administered Kashmir to launch attacks.

Killing all three militants in an operation that also claimed the life of an assistant sub-inspector of the force, security forces foiled an attempt by the Jaish-e-Mohammed to storm a BSF camp. The attack at the 182 battalion camp took place at 4.30 am.

He said the militants entered through the Friends Enclave residential area and that police had identified an overground worker who assisted them.

Three heavily armed militants of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) managed to strike near the Indian Air Force (IAF) airport in Srinagar in the wee hours on Tuesday.

Officials said the airport, which is on a plateau and encircled by military and paramilitary camps, was safe.

Inspector General of Police Kashmir Munir Ahmed Khan told reporters during a presser that "This operation was a quality example of cooperation between the forces".

Earlier flight operations had been suspended.

Aston Martin's New Submarine Is James Bond-Worthy
But that, of course is a crude version compared with Aston Martin's panache and uber-exclusive materials. The marque represents a deeply held passion for technology, engineering and timeless, elegant design.

The camp is located just outside the worldwide airport in Srinagar - a heavily fortified area. In the retaliatory action, three militants have been killed so far.

Last week, Pakistan said three civilians were killed on their side of the de facto border in Kashmir after Indian soldiers opened fire.

"Militants are said to have sneaked inside the camp premises at around 3:45 a.m (local time) today", a police official said.

The IAF has not allowed construction of an industrial estate near the airport citing security as the main reason.

The area also houses training centres of the BSF and CRPF.

The three militants were killed after almost 10 hours of gun-battle.

Activities of the nearby Srinagar airport have been curtailed and the Kashmir Valley School located close by has been ordered shut.

Related Articles